Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager for our Electrical Transmission division who will work on nationwide projects.
The Business Development Manager will be part of a wider team of business development, communications and marketing resources that support Contracts, Executive Directors and individual companies within M Group Services. You will be responsible for supporting ongoing relationships and frameworks with existing clients and agreed strategic targets.
Our Electrical Transmission business unit is working on behalf of clients including National Grid and SSE on a range of Infrastructure Project Development and EPC Capital projects.
As a Business Development Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Undertakes, analyses and presents market research of chosen markets and clients.
- Builds a detailed understanding of the client and identifies key opportunities/challenges they are facing.
- Mapping of key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Develops strong relationships at all levels within client organisations.
- Builds rapport and conducts regular 1-2-1 meetings with senior client decision makers, presenting solutions.
- Supports the design and delivery of presentations and other marketing activities to groups of stakeholders.
- Representing Morrison Utility Services at industry events, seminars and conferences.
- Active engagement and management of client procurement events, lead prequalification and bid submissions, workshops and bid writing activities.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Proven track record in strategic business development.
- Experience within the Electricity Transmission sector is preferred.
- Previous experience in an Account Development, Bid Management or Marketing role would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the Utilities and/or Engineering sector would be beneficial.
- Shows willingness and confidence in engaging new customers and interacting with stakeholders of all levels.
- Client relationship management skills, including the ability to track opportunities, meet deadlines and optimise the client’s perception.
- Previous experience managing and contributing to writing bids and high quality documentation.
- A full driving licence and willingness to travel throughout the UK, including overnight stays.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday.
- Annual bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Private health care.
- Company car or car allowance and fuel card.