Morrison Telecom Services is focused on the design, build and maintenance of telecom infrastructure for key clients in the fixed telecom market. Working collaboratively with clients, Morrison Telecom Services brings commitment, innovation, teamwork and accountability to deliver long- term partnerships. We are part of the Telecom Division of M Group Services. We deliver a range of essential infrastructure services to the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors across the UK and Ireland.
We are currently looking to recruit a Commercial Lead to ideally be based out of our Risby (Bury St Edmunds) office, however Dartford or Stevenage would also be considered as working locations.
Purpose of the role:
We are currently seeking to recruit a Commercial Lead on a 3 month basis to support our newly formed PMO function with all relevant commercial responsibilities.
As Commercial Lead, your responsibilities will be:
- Proactively manage & lead the commercial agenda in relation to the delivery of circa £50m/annum of contracted Telecommunication infrastructure works
- Identifying Commercial risks and formulating mitigating actions whilst maximising opportunities
- Identify opportunities for commercial improvement across the piece by analysis and comparison of each area’s performance
- Identifying and sharing best practice, whilst driving out inefficiency
- Take the lead on sharing and educating the wider community of the commercial obligations under the Contract
- Coordinating and managing a change register under the Contract.
- Develop and maintain a risk register – including commercial exposure / liabilities under the terms of the Contract
- Proactive management of the 90 day project closure requirement under the Contract
- Take the lead on engaging with the client on commercial queries regarding projects
- Take a centralised delivery approach by ensuring Regional QS teams manage sub-contractors and the CVRs in a uniform fashion by developing process and systems for the QS teams to use
- Collate information from the regions into a central commercial health dashboard
- Strong analytical Skills including excel expertise
- Utility sector experience, preferably within telecommunications
- Ability to understand Contractual requirements, including Commercial impact of any Contractual change
- Ability to adhere to and measure against Contractual requirements