Morrison Telecom Services is focused on the design, build and maintenance of telecom infrastructure for key clients in the fixed telecom market. Working collaboratively with clients, Morrison Telecom Services brings commitment, innovation, teamwork and accountability to deliver long- term partnerships. We are part of the Telecom Division of M Group Services. We deliver a range of essential infrastructure services to the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors across the UK and Ireland.
We are currently looking to recruit a Commercial Support Manager to be based out of our Hillington office to work on our R100 project.
The R100 Contract is a commitment made by the Scottish Government to enable access, for all homes and businesses, to superfast broadband of 30Mbps. The multi-year framework Contract is worth circa 40m per annum and will see 4/4.5 years of implementing essential internet infrastructure across the Central belt, Dumfries, Galloway & Borders areas. This includes the urban environments of Perth, Glasgow, Edinburgh & Dumfries.
Purpose of the role:
The role will form an integral part of the MTS Communications Division based in Scotland and will involve both pre and in life stages of the R100 project. Functionally reporting to the Senior QS with responsibilities in establishing/implementing a robust pre/post evaluation of the works, sub-contract management, payments, management/mitigation of commercial and contractual risks, completion of monthly contract variation reports.
The role will also include supporting the Multi-year framework contract delivery of the Openreach Fibre Build programme of works.
As Commercial Support Manager, your responsibilities will be:
- Managing a team of multi-discipline administrators across multiple contracts;
- Managing WIP (CRFS or otherwise) to ensure Depot and Business targets are achieved;
- Managing specialist contractors to ensure correct cost / value position;
- Commercial Management of DL ref. weekly wages, price work, overtime, Value Sheets;
- Management of subcontractor payments (Civils, Flex, Survey, Specialist) including all advances / AFPs;
- Stores Management, particularly regarding contra-charges and correct rate implementation across contracts;
- Liaising with relevant QS’ ref. contractual elements and implementing process / policy accordingly;
- Liaising with PMO via weekly meetings, providing information to support client interface discussions;
- Willingness to share resource within commercial team to meet Depot / Business Targets, at Senior QS request;
- Strict adherence to Commercial Process Maps, ensuring Operational teams are held responsible / accountable;
- Extensive WIP reporting and areas which requires focus, including leadership of weekly meetings;
- Team & Individual Performance Reports to ensure collective contribution towards Depot / Business targets;
- Stores H&D Reporting, ref. Subcontractor Charges and correct application of approved suppliers;
- Additional Service Reporting to ensure PMO / Commercial Management are fully briefed as above;
- Weekly DL Performance Reports, liaising extensively with relevant QS and member(s) of the team;
- Fortnightly Account Summary Review as above, ensuring correct rates and contra-charges apply;
- Applying M Group SCC Process to ensure correct commercial approval of on-boarded subcontractors;
- Able to drive / has a valid UK driving license
- Strong analytical skills are essential/IT Literate
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Able to set up and manage site-based commercial and reporting systems
- Accurate with good attention to detail and highly organised
- A competent negotiator
- At least 3-5 years of management experience
- Proven contracting experience, and an extensive knowledge of Civil/Flex/ Additional Service works within the utility sector