The Kelly Group is a principal contractor supporting and providing engineering resource for over 35 years. We are recruiting for an experienced Fibre Manger. In this role you will be responsible for managing a team of fibre installation technicians in accordance with agreed business plans.
In your role you will be responsible for:
- To effectively manage a communications installation team; providing first-line support to both technicians and customer base; ensuring work is completed in a timely and professional manner – exceeding both client and customer expectations; liaising with various departmental associates to achieve customer satisfaction and installation completion.
- To develop a communications installation team through effective performance management measures; to create and nurture team motivation; to provide support and assistance – identifying development and technical training requirements as required; ensuring team and personal improvement and competence; coaching, mentoring and disciplining.
- To ensure the delivery of cost effective performance in line with quality standards; ensure training requirements, issues and challenges are communicated and resolved in an effective, commercial and constructive manner – in line with legal, client and company policy; to maintain records of company plant and equipment and monitor calibration, damage and loss, in line with company policy.
- Provide a customer focussed, regionally aware unit concentrating on field excellence and industry obligation.
- Responsible for company fleet, plant, equipment and tooling through daily / weekly / monthly inspections, and the documentation of the aforementioned.
- Responsible for the development of a team of installation technicians through observation and coaching best practice, quality field audits, mentoring, appraisals, and product development weekly briefings.
- Responsible for ensuring all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to, along with client Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Kelly Group policies and any other statutory or moral obligation.
- Responsible for ensuring the professional image of client and the Kelly Group is maintained at all times, promoting both client and company in a positive manner, acting at all times in the best interest of the customer.
- Bring resolution of any field issues, whether related to unsatisfactory workmanship, customer uncertainty or other installation / customer visit connected matters, exceeding customer expectation where possible and providing outstanding customer care.
You will have the following qualifications and be able to prove experience and competence:
- Can display exceptional working knowledge of client network and fibre installation procedures, or of a similar discipline.
- Broad knowledge of Client Standard Operating Procedures, and both lawful and the Kelly Group Health & Safety policy.
- Previous management / leadership experience, with proven people management skills.
- Approachable, understanding and able to communicate at all levels in a concise and professional manner.
- A team player, with the ability to take risk and responsibility for individual and team actions.
- Able to understand industry direction, and meet targets associated with cost-efficiency, time scales and customer / client expectation.
- Understanding of self, and ability to motivate both team and individuals in order to ensure productivity, personal and personnel development and customer satisfaction.
- Must possess the ability to drive change, and a positive attitude in any circumstance.
- An enthusiastic, positive and proactive decision maker.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 6 points on your licence.
What’s on offer for successful candidates?
- Competitive PAYE Salary
- 20 days’ holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Company Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities