Once our fibre network is designed, it needs to be taken out into the field to ensure it will be fast and functional. We’re looking for people with at least six months of fibre network or engineering experience to join our team as Associate Fibre Network Planners.
You’ll work closely with more senior Fibre Network Planners to learn how to interpret blueprints on-site, and answer queries from the Contractors and authorities that help us to build. As you progress, you’ll also assume accountability for the project management, collaborating with our Designers to deliver the best infrastructure possible. In addition, you’ll;
- Quality check FTTH designs produced by CityFibre Design Partners for consistency and quality
- Survey designs produced by CityFibre Design for suitability and cost-effectiveness
- Review as-built documentation produced by CityFibre Build Partners
- Assist Fibre Network Planners and Delivery Manager with day-to-day tasks and reporting
- Update Salesforce Notes as directed
- Support the City Coordinator with raising Notice of Intent and Network Adjustments of Openreach Network
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
With a working knowledge of fibre networks and infrastructure, you’ll bring enthusiasm and a willingness to learn. You will be passionate about technology, have excellent communication skills and be adaptable to different situations. You’ll need the ability to use all Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint, and it would be fantastic if you had;
- A working understanding of civil route planning and fibre planning
- An understanding of Local and National Authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works
- The ability to produce detailed industry standard drawings and documentation
- Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services
- Experience with FTTH methodologies and design
- A working knowledge of any Graphical Information Systems (GIS) suites
- Experience of working on the Openreach Portal
- NRSWA accreditation unit 2
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000
Join our talented team, be part of the full fibre revolution and bring Britain up to speed – our country currently ranks 34th for internet speed, but you’ll help drive us into the top five. Our network is built for the future, capable of 100 gigabits per second and beyond, connecting everything and powering 5G, so you’ll be setting the standard for innovation and leading in the market.
You’ll also receive benefits including 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, car allowance, bonus and private healthcare.