IWJS have over 40 years’ experience of delivering sewer services, waste management and industrial cleaning to essential infrastructure services across the UK – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
IWJS is looking to recruit an experienced Group SHEQ Manager to join the team based in our Heathrow depot. The role will also require travelling to various depot locations across the UK as and when required.
This position will report directly to the Group Managing Director and will produce and present H&S performance information and development to the leadership team regularly. It will also manage, direct, support and control the Group Compliance Manager and regional H&S Managers as part of the day to day SHEQ management of the business.
As the Group SHEQ Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Establish and review of H&S policy and integrated management systems with ability to ultimately develop and enhance in order to attain accreditation to ISO 45001.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Providing specialist advice, communication, training and awareness
- Site audits and safety tours as required.
- Develop, monitor and review procedures including but not limited to risk assessments, method statements, COSHH assessment and personal protective equipment provision process.
- Monitoring and review internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the business services delivery from a H&S perspective.
- Maintain and develop policy statements and procedures in line with changes in legislation to ensure integrated approach through the management systems.
- Development and implementation on environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development
- Assisting in the implementation of environmental policies and practices
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Experience in a similar role within Construction or Drainage Industry.
- Advanced Health and Safety to recognised standard (minimum NEBOSH General Certificate) and CDM regulations 2015
- COSHH awareness or training.
- Provision of advice to managers and supervisors
- Handling of H&S investigations
- Experience of formulating, implementing, and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Effective verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Gathering, analysing and reporting on key H&S data and statistics
- NEBOSH Diploma in Construction Safety
- Member of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
- Experience in developing integrated Management Systems.
- ISO 45001 standards awareness.
- Qualification in auditing to ISO 9001 and 14001 standards
- Working closely with SHEQ Teams within M Group Services
What’s in it for you?
- 20 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Company car