Murphy are recruiting a Programme Manager in London working with Thames Water to carry out essential infrastructure upgrades and repairs across utilities assets.
The project currently operates 28 gangs carrying out c.130 jobs per week. The Programme Manager is responsible for planning works up to 6 months ahead of schedule. The Programme Manager has direct responsibility for 2 Planners who submit local authority permits; the Programme Manager has overall responsibility for local authority coordination, street works permit requirements, management of operations and staff delivery.
Previous experience with Programme Management, planning and scheduling is critical for this role.
You will also be proficient in ProjectWise and Excel.
WHY JOIN MURPHY?
Murphy is all about people…around 3,500 of them in fact! We deliver essential infrastructure projects in the UK, Canada and Ireland that help peoples’ lives and local economies to thrive. From wastewater plants to power cables, from residential developments to rail projects…plus much, much more…what we do keeps the country running!
Our Water Business is operating nationally providing world-class infrastructure solutions to Thames water, United Utilities, Severn Trent, HS2, Bristol Water, South East Water, Wessex Water and Sutton & East Surrey Water. The Water Business has an annual turnover of c. £200 million.
Murphy are working on a number of frameworks in the South of England and the Midlands and future opportunity in London on frameworks and a utility diversion D&B project.
- Significant experience in planning and programme management
- Experience managing teams, excellent communications skills.
- Local Authority liaison & management
- CSCS card
- Supervisor’s National Roads and Street works ticket.
- Full driving licence.
- competitive salary
- Company Van
- 27 days holiday (option to buy or sell 2 per year)
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Above market rate pension
- 2x charity days/giving back days
- Life assurance
- Other Murphy benefits include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc.