Morrison Telecom Services is focused on the design, build and maintenance of telecom infrastructure for key clients in the fixed telecom market. Working collaboratively with clients, Morrison Telecom Services brings commitment, innovation, teamwork and accountability to deliver long- term partnerships. We are part of the Telecom Division of M Group Services. We deliver a range of essential infrastructure services to the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors across the UK and Ireland.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Coordinator to work on our Telecom Contract in Scotland, based out of our Blantyre office, focusing on the Fibre City workstream.
You may be an experienced Project Coordinator or somebody who is eager to take the next step in their career and advance to a project position.
What will you be doing?
Your role will be to work under and support the Project Managers in the bid – for example raising notices, writing up A55’s, getting updates from the field (Supervisors and teams) and translating it into updates for the PM’s and then working on your own initiative to complete the next logical step. You must be keen and want to develop and progress.
You ideally have operational experience (cabling, civils, OH, Splicing) will boast excellent co-ordination and clerical skills in order to support the Project Manager and to enable the team to achieve the project deliverables’. You will possess the willingness to learn a range of projects in order to provide the necessary support to our teams. New comers to the industry will also be considered.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Planning and scheduling of telecom installation / decommissioning works.
- Coordinating field engineer resource and materials, making sure all trackers are up to date and in line with customer commitments.
- Reporting project costs and delivery on a regular basis to both internal and external customers.
- Liaising with internal and external customers including Field Engineering, Site Access Providers, Network Services Providers and Logistics.
- Liaising with the customer to ensure all aspects of the project are communicated effectively and accurately.
- Ensuring all Scopes of Work and RAMS are complete and processed in good time.
- Raising quotations to the customer.
- Processing site access and site outage bookings.
- Ordering of materials.
- Ensuring Purchase Orders and Invoicing is processed in line with the Company cycle.
What competencies are we looking for?
- Experience of working in the telecommunications / utilities industry would be advantageous.
- Experience of following processes and procedures to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Proficient in all Microsoft packages.
- A strong background in scheduling and planning.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and organisational skills.
- The ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- The ability to problem solve.
- Confidence to deal with customers over the phone (including conference calls).