Working as one of our Quantity Surveyors, you’ll support the commercial and contractual management of a portfolio of telecoms projects which will include new build, city enhancement projects and field service frameworks. You’ll be ensuring that our operations and service delivery are fully protected under the contract terms and comply with the relevant statutory requirements e.g. Construction Act.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the commercial resources of your assigned projects, from planned expenditure through to placement of control of contracts
- Valuing work executed by contractors and certifying interim and final payments
- Supporting the authorisation and submission of project variations
- Assessing, reviewing and mitigating commercial and contractual risks through implementing our policies for risk management
- Providing commercial and contractual expertise to contracts, including producing and submitting valuation certification, drafting and issuing correspondence, claims, budget monitoring and producing contract/workstream performance data
WHAT WILL YOU BRING:
It’s important that you have solid experience in commercial management and the procurement of contractors, with working knowledge of NEC3 ECC forms. Ideally, you’ll have a background in telecoms, civil engineering or utilities. You’ll also need;
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers and partners
- Experience using spreadsheets to interpret and collate financial data
- Presentation and report writing skills
- HNC/HND level education, or equivalent
Experience of NRSWA and SRWR requirements would be a bonus!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We expect a lot from our team, but we also want everyone to feel supported and empowered in helping us deliver our mission. That’s why we make sure to provide opportunities for you to learn, develop your career, use your talents, and fulfil your potential.
With a salary of £30,000 – £42,000 depending on experience, you’ll also get benefits like 25 days holiday, a day off on your birthday, car allowance, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We want everyone to know – and feel – that CityFibre is a place where we can be ourselves, with all the things that make us similar and different. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.