Morrison Telecom Services is focused on the design, build and maintenance of telecom infrastructure for key clients in the fixed telecom market. Working collaboratively with clients, Morrison Telecom Services brings commitment, innovation, teamwork and accountability to deliver long- term partnerships. We are part of the Telecom Division of M Group Services. We deliver a range of essential infrastructure services to the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors across the UK and Ireland.
Morrison Telecom Services are currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to work on our R100 contract based in our Glasgow (Hillington) office.
What will you be doing?
The R100 Contract is a commitment made by the Scottish Government to enable access, for all homes and businesses, to superfast broadband of 30Mbps. The multi-year framework Contract is worth circa 40m per annum and will see 4/4.5 years of implementing essential internet infrastructure across the Central belt, Dumfries, Galloway & Borders areas. This includes the urban environments of Perth, Glasgow, Edinburgh & Dumfries.
The role will form an integral part of the MTS Communications Division based in Scotland and will involve both pre and in life stages of the R100 project
Functionally reporting to the Senior QS with responsibilities in establishing/implementing a robust pre/post evaluation of the works, sub-contract management, payments, management/mitigation of commercial and contractual risks, completion of monthly contract variation reports
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Ensure Contract specific deliverables are achieved on a consistent basis.
- Managing delays by resolving commercial issues to enable swift job closure and invoicing
- Build solid relationships with customer and manage specific expectations at both senior and operational level
- Project risk management and review of contract documentation
- Ensure Contract specific deliverables are achieved on a consistent basis
- On site measures/Sub-Contract payments
- Cost and value reporting
- Evaluation/monitoring of costs and values associated with work packages
- Ensuring commercial cost control procedures are in place and operated correctly across the contract
- Preparation and submission of reports as may be required on a regular/ad hoc basis
- Planning, forecasting, and subsequently reporting contract commercial performance
- Manage all necessary support functions in line with company processes and procedures, producing relevant information with particular emphasis on commercial.
- Managing commercial aspects of sub-contract accounts from procurement to interim payments and final account agreements.
- Drafting of sub-contract, major supply and professional services agreements subject to sign off levels
What competencies are we looking for?
- Able to drive / has a valid UK driving license.
- Strong analytical skills are essential/IT Literate
- Effective written communication.
- Experience with Bespoke contracts and NEC 3 Option C and Option A
- Able to set up and manage site-based commercial and reporting systems
- Accurate with good attention to detail and highly organised
- A competent negotiator, skilled communicator
- At least 3 years’ experience in the Communications at similar level
- Proven contracting experience, and an extensive knowledge of Civil/Cabling works within the utility sector