MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their commercial team with a Senior Quantity Surveyor for our CMDP joint venture framework. Based at the Falmer (Brighton) office, you will be expected to liaise with the design, construction and supply chain teams to capture, analyse and control cost.
CMDP is a joint venture between MWH Treatment and Costain and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
You will report directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and the responsibilities will include:
- Quantity surveying duties in respect of managing projects or a work package or packages.
- Report to the Managing QS when contractual notices and correspondence under the main contract and sub-contracts are identified as necessary.
- Manage early warnings and change control..
- Prepare and manage sub-contractor accounts including enquiries, orders, payments, sub-contract administration and accounts in accordance with the contract and CVB procedures.
- Ensure appropriate commercial records are maintained.
- The preparation of project cost & value reports, budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation and agreement of applications for payment.
- Be proactive in self-development and professional qualification .
- Assist in the development of Quantity surveyors and graduate QSs .
- Working towards or have chartered membership of a recognised institution
- Degree or equivalent
- NEC3 or other target cost contract experience
- Several years’ experience in civil engineering
- Experience of managing and developing an individual or small team