Murphy are recruiting a Site Engineer to join a 5-year framework in the North West for United Utilities worth approx. £200 million over 4 years. An opportunity for a qualified civil engineer to work on utilities/clean water projects across the north-west worth £5-30m, varying in complexity and timescales. The successful Site Engineer will have site-based experience on civils construction projects, be familiar with health and safety protocols, setting out experience and be eager to learn on the job.
2 Offices: Warrington and Preston.
A Strategic Working Alliance (SWA) between MWH Treatment and J. Murphy and Sons Limited has been created to deliver future works under AMP 7 for United Utilities as Advance Plus.
Advance Plus has been awarded two geographical batches of work across the North and South West with a combined value in excess of £500million over a five-year period.
Advance Plus has been collaboratively working to secure AMP 7 work since January 2019. The first contract award for two batches in the North were received in August 2019 with further awards expected thereafter.
Advance Plus are currently in the process of developing an integrated project team, which will be based between the Warrington and Preston offices.
WHY JOIN MURPHY?
Murphy is all about people…around 3,500 of them in fact! We deliver essential infrastructure projects in the UK, Canada and Ireland that help peoples’ lives and local economies to thrive. From wastewater plants to power cables, from residential developments to rail projects…plus much, much more…what we do keeps the country running!
Our Water Business is operating nationally providing world-class infrastructure solutions to Thames water, United Utilities, Severn Trent, HS2, Bristol Water, South East Water, Wessex Water and Sutton & East Surrey Water. The Water Business has an annual turnover of c. £120 million.
Murphy are working on a number of frameworks in the South of England and the Midlands and future opportunity in London on frameworks and a utility diversion D&B project.
- experience on site for a contractor on a civils construction project
- HND or degree engineering qualification
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- IT skills; Microsoft packages etc
- CSCS card
- Willingness to travel and clean UK Driver’s License
- Experience in setting out and CAD surveying techniques
- competitive salary
- 27 days holiday (option to buy or sell 2 per year)
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Above market rate pension
- 2x charity days/giving back days
- Life assurance
- Other Murphy benefits include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc.