Murphy are recruiting a Site Manager to join a 5-year framework in the North West for United Utilities worth approx. £200 million. An opportunity to lead a team of operatives and engineers on challenging water-based utilities work across the north-west.
A Strategic Working Alliance (SWA) between MWH Treatment and J. Murphy and Sons Limited has been created to deliver future works under AMP 7 for United Utilities as Advance Plus.
Advance Plus has been awarded two geographical batches of work across the North and South West with a combined value in excess of £500 million over a five-year period.
Advance Plus has been collaboratively working to secure AMP 7 work since January 2019. The first contract award for two batches in the North were received in August 2019 with further awards expected thereafter.
Advance Plus are currently in the process of developing an integrated project team, which will be based between the Warrington and Preston offices.
WHY JOIN MURPHY?
Murphy is all about people…around 3,500 of them in fact! We deliver essential infrastructure projects in the UK, Canada and Ireland that help peoples’ lives and local economies to thrive. From wastewater plants to power cables, from residential developments to rail projects…plus much, much more…what we do keeps the country running!
Our Water Business is operating nationally providing world-class infrastructure solutions to Thames water, United Utilities, Severn Trent, HS2, Bristol Water, South East Water, Wessex Water and Sutton & East Surrey Water. The Water Business has an annual turnover of c. £200 million.
Murphy are working on a number of frameworks in the South of England and the Midlands and future opportunity in London on frameworks and a utility diversion D&B project.
- Previous management responsibility of a large team 15-25 people including: engineers, foreman, supervisors, operatives and apprentices
- Ability to produce, implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures. RAMS and Health and Safety knowledge
- Confidently communicate and present to management, clients and the public
- Discuss and advise on engineering issues with people across various levels and disciplines
- An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a medium scale construction project
- Previous experience as a Site Manager within civils.
- CSCS Card
- Full, clean UK Driver’s License
- SMSTS ticket
- Operating IT systems, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- competitive salary
- company car or car allowance
- 27 days holiday (option to buy or sell 2 per year)
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Above market rate pension
- 2x charity days/giving back days
- Life assurance
- Other Murphy benefits include: include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc.